Advertise Here | Advertise Here | Advertise Here | Advertise Here
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Attention buyers: Please take the time to read THIS
    Dismiss Notice
  3. I have imposed a new requirement today limiting who can start and receive private conversations. This is in an effort to thwart scammers who have a zero post count but private message others offering to sell their licenses. The restriction is not strict, a user must post at least one (1) post in the forum before being allowed to start and/or receive private conversations. Read Forum Post
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Introducing the new Classifieds Section

Please see HERE for more info.

Graphic Design

Discussion in 'Way Off Topic' started by GamerBB, Apr 23, 2011.

1. GamerBB

GamerBB Active Member

Local Time:
    1:16 PM
    Are there any graphic designers here and if so, which program do you use?

I currently use Adobe Photoshop CS4 and do freelance work to make a few extra bucks.

2. Dan

Dan Admin Staff Member

Local Time:
    I am horrible at design. I have adobe photoshop cs4 but have no idea how to use it :p

3. GamerBB

GamerBB Active Member

Local Time:
    Haha, it's definitely something that requires a class or a lot of time. I taught myself and got into it about 6 to 7 years ago. I was 13 or 14 and I joined multiple graphic design forums trying to find any and all tips I could.

4. Dan

Dan Admin Staff Member

Local Time:
    I have nothing but respect for designers. You either can do it or you can't. Coders can poke around on the code and eventually get something working, but designers...

5. TheSilentKid

TheSilentKid New Member

Local Time:
    7:16 PM
    I salute you. :) . You basically taught yourself how to designs? Awesome. :) How much money do you get and how much time do you spend for each work?

6. GamerBB

GamerBB Active Member

Local Time:
    I don't do major projects because I do work full-time but I have done quite a few banners that take about 15 minutes of my time and I usually pocket $20 to $25. It really helps out with promoting my forum and of course with personal life things such as gas.

7. TheSilentKid

TheSilentKid New Member

Local Time:
    So for 15 minutes work you get $20-$25 ? Where'd you find the people you design for?

8. GamerBB

GamerBB Active Member

Local Time:
    My last deal I found at www.freeforums.org and simply made a banner for their paranormal genre forum. It was a quick and easy deal. Most of the other times I just watch for deals or I will offer services to people.

9. TheSilentKid

TheSilentKid New Member

Local Time:

Nice . A little pocket money for 15 minutes of your spare time is always a good thing :D . Aww I wish I at least tried to learn how to design when I had the time :|. Never knew people would be willing to pay me to design banners for them. Never knew where to look anyway :D

10. GamerBB

GamerBB Active Member

Local Time:
    It's hard to find work. I used to look all day for jobs but eventually I just did them as I came across an opportunity. It's not to late to learn. Just download Photoshop and use tutorials.