Advertise Here | Advertise Here | Advertise Here | Advertise Here
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Attention buyers: Please take the time to read THIS
    Dismiss Notice
  3. I have imposed a new requirement today limiting who can start and receive private conversations. This is in an effort to thwart scammers who have a zero post count but private message others offering to sell their licenses. The restriction is not strict, a user must post at least one (1) post in the forum before being allowed to start and/or receive private conversations. Read Forum Post
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Introducing the new Classifieds Section

Please see HERE for more info.

Handled ExtraPortal As an alternative view

Discussion in 'Resolved Addon Discussions' started by arms, Feb 21, 2014.

1. arms

arms New Member

Local Time:
    4:30 PM
    Basically,

I'm looking to add a secondary way to categorise my threads.

EG:

I have forum Computer Hardware and then I have prefixes for types hardware: Eg Motherboard, CPU, SSD , etc.. Each thread has a retailer which I want to be able to list all threads that have been raised for that retailer.

My Idea is to use Extra Portal and its category function to select a retailer. I'd have to make it so every thread was autoposted and that all users had to select the appropriate retailer. I'd be able then to use the portal page as a retailer page.

Do you think adding every thread to the portal will have a detrimental effect?

2. Dan

Dan Admin Staff Member

Local Time:
    10:30 AM
    No, adding every thread to the Portal should not have any impact.