Advertise Here | Advertise Here | Advertise Here | Advertise Here
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Attention buyers: Please take the time to read THIS
    Dismiss Notice
  3. I have imposed a new requirement today limiting who can start and receive private conversations. This is in an effort to thwart scammers who have a zero post count but private message others offering to sell their licenses. The restriction is not strict, a user must post at least one (1) post in the forum before being allowed to start and/or receive private conversations. Read Forum Post
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Introducing the new Classifieds Section

Please see HERE for more info.

EU: Sell software again and again or only one time to an other person?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lord_stone, Dec 19, 2013.

1. lord_stone

lord_stone New Member

Local Time:
    3:17 PM
    Hey,

the EU has a new law which prevents software from being not allowed to be sold to someone else. Xenforo licenses can be transfered only one time and then not again. So if I buy a second hand license and want to sell it again I'm not able to. Is this EU law fighting against this TOS clause too or is it unrelated to this scenario?

2. Dan

Dan Admin Staff Member

Local Time:
    8:17 AM
    They changed the law again? It was that a license could be sold and transfered as many times as long as both parties are in the EU (from what i understood). Now you are saying that has changed again? Do you have a link?

3. lord_stone

lord_stone New Member

Local Time:
    I'm sorry, it was a question of me if it's allowed to change the owner multiple times or only time like in Xenforos TOS.

You answered it. Thanks! :)

4. Vincent

Vincent Here to help

Local Time: