ExtraLicense - Buy, Sell, & Trade Your Licenses

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you enable Two Factor Authentication in your forum?

Zuby

Accounts getting hacked is increasingly worrying today and it's why I see the use of Two Factor Authentication as being very useful. It's the best way to secure your users accounts from getting hacked.

Do you enable this 2FA for your forum users?

I understand that the use of Two Factor Authentication is very important for protecting accounts but I won't activate it myself. I always leave it for them to do it themselves.

It's very beneficial to the account owners on any forum to have their Two Factor Authentication set up because it's what's going to protect their accounts from any successful hack attempt. I always put mine active on all my accounts.

Are you referring to the admin account or you mean having a two factor account for all registered forum account.

Are you referring to the admin account or you mean having a two factor account for all registered forum account.
Users account on forums also have two-factor authentication set up in it unless the forum owner completely disable it from every other members to make use of. There is this particular forum that I used to visit that whenever you stay away from the website for 2 days and try to login, you will have to require the code sent to your email for the two-factor authentication for you to be able to log back in.

Having Two Factor Authentication is a must in all of my social media accounts including on forums. Even though no one have attempted hacking my account on forums except for social media sites like Facebook, Twitter etc but I won't risk not having 2FA on.

Wherever there is the ability to have two-factor authentication enabled or where there is the ability to use it I will either enable it or use it. You can never be too careful nowadays when it comes to things like hacking especially on forums and if enabling the function on my forum helps my members then I am all for doing that.

This is a feature which I leave for my users to put on whenever they want it. I won't force it on anyone. It's like how Facebook does it. You set it on or off when you want.