Advertise Here | 1, 2 and 3-letter domains | Advertise Here | Advertise Here
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Attention buyers: Please take the time to read THIS
    Dismiss Notice
  3. I have imposed a new requirement today limiting who can start and receive private conversations. This is in an effort to thwart scammers who have a zero post count but private message others offering to sell their licenses. The restriction is not strict, a user must post at least one (1) post in the forum before being allowed to start and/or receive private conversations. Read Forum Post
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Introducing the new Classifieds Section

Please see HERE for more info.

Are you a PC or a Mac?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Dan, Aug 5, 2011.

Are you a PC or a Mac?

1. PC

24 vote(s)
    55.8%
  2. Mac

14 vote(s)
    32.6%
  3. Other

5 vote(s)
    11.6%
  1. Chase Hainey

Chase Hainey New Member

Local Time:
    10:15 AM
    I am a Mac guy through and through. I run my MacMini in my living room as a webserver, htpc, and minecraft server. Although a little confusing at first, the Server app for Mac isn't too bad. It doesn't give you access to a full cpanel type interface. But, if you know how to install php and MySQL yourself (which you should, being here) it isn't bad at all. I use a freeDNS server and GoDaddy to point my domain. It works pretty smooth.

I converted 100% about eight years ago. I am pretty okay with it. Nothing you can do on a PC that I can't do on my Mac. And if you think there is, Parallels will say otherwise. :p

I also run a Raspberry Pi. So, I am mostly a *nix guy these days.

2. au662

au662 New Member

Local Time:
    12:15 PM
  3. MCBuild

MCBuild Member

Local Time:
    5:15 PM
    I prefer a normal PC because you can customize is like you want and you don't have to pay for overpriced software. There're also many more programms for PC than Mac.

4. Mrchris

Mrchris Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:15 AM
    I'm a pc guy cause you can always modify the way you want your pc you can replace parts with out having to pay extra money granted you can pay other people if you want to but if your geek I'm sure you can do it your self.

5. Kirk

Kirk ExtraLicense Moderator Staff Member

Local Time:
    I want to get a mac because their are certain apps that i want but they are only available for mac. Right now i'm a pc guy :)

6. Licensecart

Licensecart Member

Local Time:
    4:15 PM
  7. Dominican809

Dominican809 Member

Local Time:
    I am pc guy for last 10 years but going join dark side. Macbook air

8. emaweb

emaweb New Member

Local Time:
    10:15 AM
  9. mcloud

mcloud New Member

Local Time:
    11:15 PM
    Desktop PC. Much better for me

10. starship

starship Registered

Local Time:
    Also only a PC guy ( Probably because ive never used a mac :d)

11. ShoeMaster

ShoeMaster New Member

Local Time:
    6:15 PM
    Defiantly a mac. All my computers are macs, iPad's and iPhone (besides work BlackBerry). Once you have been with apple for some time its hard to transition to something new. Plus iCloud is what i love..

12. KimmiKat

KimmiKat New Member

Local Time:
    9:15 AM
  13. Error

Error Can Sell XenForo

Local Time:
    9:15 AM
    I'm a PC type of guy.

14. vbguy

vbguy Moderator Staff Member

Local Time:
  15. Thor

Thor New Member

Local Time:
    PC. I will recommend getting a PC instead of a mac if any of you are in need of PC/Mac.

16. Dani454

Dani454 New Member

Local Time:
    I'm a mac gal, but that is quickly changing.

17. Stijl

Stijl New Member

Local Time:
    My first computer was a mac and have never looked back, it works for me and my company on all levels. My accountant is on a PC and that makes sense.

18. lyesqiz

lyesqiz New Member

Local Time:
    12:15 AM
    I am on Mac coz I have to test the performance of software published on Mac App Store. But i found myself fell in love with it, lol

19. bruakerche

bruakerche New Member

Local Time:
    I am on PC coz it's easy for gaming, lol

20. bruakerche

bruakerche New Member

Local Time:
    If you "love" PC gaming, buy a PC. Apple's computers are absolute crap for gaming. I'm probably going to get lynched for saying that around here, but it's the truth. Apple's GPU offerings are almost always underpowered (iMac, Mac Mini, and laptops) or antiquated (Mac Pro). Yeah, games work, but they don't work exceptionally well.

You can build a nice gaming pc for under $500 these days that will absolutely blow away any Mac for years to come. So if you really, really love PC games, then you might as well go native and build your own PC.

My advice would be this- build your own PC, and re-invest what you save doing that into a nicer Apple laptop.