Advertise Here | Advertise Here | Advertise Here | Advertise Here
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Attention buyers: Please take the time to read THIS
    Dismiss Notice
  3. I have imposed a new requirement today limiting who can start and receive private conversations. This is in an effort to thwart scammers who have a zero post count but private message others offering to sell their licenses. The restriction is not strict, a user must post at least one (1) post in the forum before being allowed to start and/or receive private conversations. Read Forum Post
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Introducing the new Classifieds Section

Please see HERE for more info.

Are you a PC or a Mac?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Dan, Aug 5, 2011.

Are you a PC or a Mac?

1. PC

24 vote(s)
    55.8%
  2. Mac

14 vote(s)
    32.6%
  3. Other

5 vote(s)
    11.6%
  1. Dan

Dan Admin Staff Member

Local Time:
    12:48 AM
    Which do you prefer and why? I have always been a PC, but am thinking of converting.

2. Vincent

Vincent Here to help

Local Time:
    7:48 AM
    No, don't do it!

I'm more a PC guy.
    I don't like the Mac Restrictions... I mean, in windows you can open up your PC, fuck around with it, and you can't do that with Mac ;)

3. Dan

Dan Admin Staff Member

Local Time:
    I was actually going to buy a mac mini today and before I seen your post, I might have already talked myself out of it. The thought of re-buying all the programs I use and the frustration in the learning curve, I think I might stick with a PC. So confused :confused:

4. HostinGazel

HostinGazel New Member

Local Time:
    I'm a Mac fan ;p
    I'm technically getting more and more annoyed with my windows the reason it gets slower after a little while and not a little but drastic.
    A mac stays at speed most programs are being converted for it and the only downside to it is the price

5. Dan

Dan Admin Staff Member

Local Time:
    Do you run both?

6. HostinGazel

HostinGazel New Member

Local Time:
    Yes I do ;p

7. Vincent

Vincent Here to help

Local Time:
    Not on one Mac I may hope? :p

Anyhow, if you know how to handle Windows, it's speedy :D

8. HostinGazel

HostinGazel New Member

Local Time:
    Nah 2 anyway windows automaticly goes to work slower so a new reinstall mostly solves it but I don't like it.

9. Vincent

Vincent Here to help

Local Time:
    Well, it didn't happen to me yet :D And I have mine for 2 years now :)
    I've created my PC myself though ;)

10. HostinGazel

HostinGazel New Member

Local Time:
    Me to but the main issue is probably that the pc is at my room and gets to warm with it's cpu but yeah I had it with my other pcs to.
    Anyway want to know my PC hardware?

Intel i7 860 proccesor
    1 TB HD (Planning on buying a SSD for my windows installation)
    Gigabyte Motherboard
    Gigabyte Radeon HD5770 (ATI Radeon)
    8GB DDR3 1333MhZ

Thats the most important stuff but yeah.

11. WenM

WenM CuteXen Designs

Local Time:
    6:48 AM
    Is it desktop PC or laptop/notebook? I use an NEC laptop, with Windows XP...have tried Windows7, but it tends to be sluggish in performance compared to XP!

12. HostinGazel

HostinGazel New Member

Local Time:
    Desktop PC.

13. Dan

Dan Admin Staff Member

Local Time:
    Well. I just bought a mac mini (i5 version). So far I am pretty pleased, although I do not see the hype. I did, however, install Parallels with windows 7 just in case I want a windows environment as well.

14. tartan lady

tartan lady New Member

Local Time:
    pc for me mac too expensive lol but have a fair few pcs around 2 lappys 2 desktops and a touch lol how can 1 person living in a 1 bed bungalow need so many? A: cause I loves me gadgets lol

15. betibc

betibc New Member

Local Time:
    pc guy not a mactard:))

16. Dan

Dan Admin Staff Member

Local Time:
    :cautious: ...... :)

17. Vincent

Vincent Here to help

Local Time:
    You're just offensive :O

18. Andrej

Andrej Member

Local Time:
    I am currently on a MacBook Pro, and I absolutely love the experience. Hoverer, unless Apple stops dumbing down the iMac line or releases a worthy replacement for the old MacPro, I am forced to go the Windows route the next time I am purchasing a new desktop PC (currently saving up). Really love the Mac OS X... and hate Windows 8 Metro-related gimmicks.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  19. Vincent

Vincent Here to help

Local Time:
    Mac Pro release shouldn't be too far away :)

20. 0xy

0xy Active Member

Local Time:
    10:48 PM
    Macs have changed since I last used them. I recently purchased an iMac to start learning to code for iOS and I'm kind of liking it. In all honesty, I still prefer my PC.

Everything that I like on the Mac I can probably do with a PC. What I really dig is the trackpad. I've always had serious wrist pain and long hours at the computer just make it 100% worse. The trackpad makes my long hours a lot less painful. Took a few days to get used to.

I also like just using cmd+shift+4 to take screen shots of selected areas. It's built in whereas windows requires me to install add-ons.

I still think Apples are overpriced for what they are. With what I paid for the iMac, I could have got a really high-end PC that'd have lasted me a lot longer. If Mac's are the same as 6-8 years ago, then this thing is only going to last me 2 years lol. I can't upgrade anything except ram on this and I think that's ridiculous.

I built my PC for less than $650(includes taxes and fees) and the iMac cost me $1600 (includes taxes and fees). My PC can be upgraded at any time and probably last twice as long as my iMac because of that. A big upgrade on my PC would be less than $500 (I don't demand the latest cpus/gpus. Just current for gaming and work).