Advertise Here | Advertise Here | Advertise Here | Advertise Here
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Attention buyers: Please take the time to read THIS
    Dismiss Notice
  3. I have imposed a new requirement today limiting who can start and receive private conversations. This is in an effort to thwart scammers who have a zero post count but private message others offering to sell their licenses. The restriction is not strict, a user must post at least one (1) post in the forum before being allowed to start and/or receive private conversations. Read Forum Post
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Introducing the new Classifieds Section

Please see HERE for more info.

Api For License Transfer Eligibility

Discussion in 'Hear Ye Hear Ye' started by Dan, May 22, 2011.

1. Dan

Dan Admin Staff Member

Local Time:
    8:05 AM
    Just a quick update, I have petitioned the "top players" to expose their license status/eligibility API for us to use, and was denied.

When I created this site, I envisioned when a user listed a license for sale, the user could add the license number in a hidden field. The license then could be verified via the vendor's site and the status would then be displayed to the buyer as to the legitimacy and availability of transfer of said license. Pretty cool huh? However, unfortunately, none of the vendor's I asked would expose their API to allow this check.

I do respect this decision and am not bitter towards anyone, but if I could implement something like that on this site, I would be a happy camper. I just wanted to give some insight as to where I want/need this site to be and will continue to pursue this feature in the future. Until then, due diligence is still the responsibility of the buying party to check the status of the license themselves.