ExtraLicense - Buy, Sell, & Trade Your Licenses

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Advice for new website

C

CheekyPandaBoy

Thread Owner: CheekyPandaBoy
Hey everyone

So, I joined xenforo and I'm struggling with my webdesigner who did not explain squat to me in the beginning and now I'm bleeding money because everything I need to add on xenforo seems to have a cost. I have only the forum page up which now I know it is all xenforo provides. I need a home page and other pages such as server rules and so on. 
The dev recommended me to get Xenport 2, which comes at a considerable cost when adding to everything I have spent so far. I'm wondering if there is a more budget option, I'm happy with something that is balanced between price/results. Any recommendations?

Hello @CheekyPandaBoy , can you go into more detail as to what you are looking for?
Do you have a site that we can get examples from to help guide you?

Thanks

This is one of the reason why I before I go into doing anything, I will always conduct all my research and have every details before I start investing on a particular project so that I will not be taken unawares by anything that I wasn't updated on. If it gets too much, you can sell the site and start over with a free forum software to build your own experience.

When I started out as a webmaster, I did everything with free tools and learnt in the process. It was when I was good enough that I had to switch to the paid services and got the best deal for my money.

You should focus on generating contents for your website before going for promotion this would make your website look a lot more professional to visitors.