Advertise Here | Advertise Here | Advertise Here | Advertise Here
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Attention buyers: Please take the time to read THIS
    Dismiss Notice
  3. I have imposed a new requirement today limiting who can start and receive private conversations. This is in an effort to thwart scammers who have a zero post count but private message others offering to sell their licenses. The restriction is not strict, a user must post at least one (1) post in the forum before being allowed to start and/or receive private conversations. Read Forum Post
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Introducing the new Classifieds Section

Please see HERE for more info.

Adsense Or Sell Advertising

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Dan, Apr 16, 2011.

Adsense or Sell Advertiements

1. Adsense

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. Advertisements

5 vote(s)
    62.5%
  3. Other, obligatory explain

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Dan

Dan Admin Staff Member

Local Time:
    12:05 AM
    That is the question. Do you prefer adsense or selling ad space on your site?

2. goblues

goblues New Member

Local Time:
    Just something about adsense that I can't stand.

3. Jono

Jono New Member

Local Time:
    5:05 PM
    Although I don't own a site, I would have to say sell ad space on your website. However, they both have their advantages and disadvantages. It's up to the website owner to decide I guess :)

4. saiamida

saiamida New Member

Local Time:
    6:05 AM
    I like Google Adsense But It is very difficult to register :(

5. Dan

Dan Admin Staff Member

Local Time:
    How do you mean?

6. Clydesdale

Clydesdale New Member

Local Time:
    10:05 PM
    This is one of the two dilemmas I am currently facing with both of my sites. I of course have no idea how to code in advertising on XF. I am open to suggestions for both side of this equation.

7. hassen10

hassen10 New Member

Local Time:
    1:05 AM
    Well I say that I would chose adsense. I say that because you don't have to deal with finding people who wants to put ads on your site.

8. Dan

Dan Admin Staff Member

Local Time:
    Very good point.

9. zZJoennZz

zZJoennZz New Member

Local Time:
    2:05 PM
    Indeed, I would prefer adsense too and much easy to earn.

10. TheSilentKid

TheSilentKid New Member

Local Time:
    Adsense, easy to set up on your site and all you have to do is wait and see how much you've earned. :)

11. Vincent

Vincent Here to help

Local Time:
    7:05 AM
    Never been a fan of AdSense. I just don't want my users being spammed with GroupOn "Get a Sandwich" advertisements :p
    I currently use an Affiliate Program by BlueHost though :)

12. Dan

Dan Admin Staff Member

Local Time:
    You are probably aware by now (or not), but xenforo now ships with ad templates to help with advertising.

13. Joel

Joel New Member

Local Time:
    Adsense will be good for the long run, but I wouldn't recommend it. I don't know how you guys keep up with all these! My account gets ban after 5-10 days I add the codes to my site. I don't know why. So I have sticked to selling advertising manually instead.

14. -GR-

-GR- New Member

Local Time:
    1:05 AM
    I think adsense makes it easy and you can make decent money with it provided you have traffic. Once you are getting over 500,000 pageviews a month then you can start exploring other alternatives.

I don't like selling ad space because we don't make much from those ads. Yes I could raise the rates but then we wouldn't have any sponsors so we also run adsense.