Dan

New Limitations on Conversations

I have imposed a new requirement today limiting who can start and receive private conversations. This is in an effort to thwart scammers who have a zero post count but private message others offering to sell their licenses. The restriction is not strict, a user must post at least one (1) post in the forum before being allowed to start and/or receive private conversations.

Thanks.

Dan

• Like 2

Then the user can at least check if the user is using duplicate accounts. Also, especially with XenForo licenses, if they don't have a WTS XenForo thread, it is probably because the license is not transferrable.

Thanks for your opinion though.

Then the user can at least check if the user is using duplicate accounts. Also, especially with XenForo licenses, if they don't have a WTS XenForo thread, it is probably because the license is not transferrable.

Thanks for your opinion though.

A simple Cookie Change(delete), new IP Or VNC and the duplicate check fails...

Correct. Not sure why you are fighting this but it isn't to much to ask for. I do not look at conversations so I can't keep an eye on everyone who registers and just uses the conversation feature. I do however read every post on the forum which allows my staff and I to analyze what we see and dig deeper on any user we feel may be up to no good.

• Like 3

The user above is Jvirus.

Correct, which makes the whole thing ironic because he posted in this thread.

Which plugin is ExtraLicense using to detect multiple same scammers ?

Actually, we use a few different tools/addons which were modified for this site.

Well, i got issues to post pms and ive created one thread and posted one post in it. This is my second post and this is on topic :)

You have the permissions. It works on a cron so you don't get immediate access. However, you are good to go now.

• Like 1